Spacious Thatched Safari Suites
Each of the individual thatched safari suites is raised from the ground on supporting pillars with its own deck overlooking the river. Care has been taken to ensure each of the ten suites has privacy as well as excellent views either up or down stream. The large, airy facilities are fan cooled, have netted windows with opening options, customised solid wooden furniture, hanging mosquito nets and especially selected locally crafted items for the accessories. The en-suite bathrooms are open plan with solar hot water showers and baths with a view in some units. Solar lighting completes the services for this eco-friendly top quality establishment.
Restaurant and Bar
The thatched central lounge, bar and dining area which is raised with wooden decks all around allowing guests to savour the morning sunrise for breakfast, sunset in the evening with 180 degree river views and the cool breezes thereof.
In keeping with standards expected of an establishment such as this, full multi course dining with choices are offered as well as a good selection of wines and other bar items, all served by our well trained and experienced Ugandan staff team.
Hot beverages are available throughout the day on a self-service basis, but, are delivered to your cottage with early morning wake up calls as required, allowing you to awake gently and enjoy the early morning riverside views. When weather conditions allow, guests can enjoy al-fresco dining on our decks or besides the river.
Our Other Services
Our lodge and reservations staff can organise an abundance of activities in the diverse and dramatic Murchison Falls National Park. Our on-site jetty, just meters from the central dining area offers access to our fleet of water-craft.
Our craft can take you on a number of excursions unique to this park, such as the base of Murchison Falls, The Nile Delta on Lake Albert, Sunset/Sunrise Cruises or Sport Fishing. (Read more on these activities).
Our on-site vehicles can be reserved for safari drives on the vast savannah of the Northern Bank, to the top of the falls, or to nearby Budongo Forest to track wild Chimpanzees.
The swimming pool area offers a welcome option to cool off from the day’s activities and enjoy the sunset views. A curio shop is on-site with a range of local crafts for sale.
International rates begin from $US 220 per adult during Low Season (sharing in double / twin accommodation).
High Season Months: January, February, July, August, September, December
Shoulder Season Months: March, June, October
Low Season Months: April, May, November
Rates include: Full Board accommodation, 3 multiple course meals per day, all hot beverages and bar snacks, house drinks, and other camp services provided at Bakers Lodge
Prices Exclude: National Parks Fees, Premium and non house drinks and optional activities.
We can also tailor a safari including “fly-in” packages to your needs, including flights, accommodation and transportation to and from nearby airstrips and activities. Please inquire with our Reservations Team, for more details.
Special discounted rates are available for children between ages 5-12 years and those under 5 years, sharing with adults, are free of charge.
Discounted rates are also offered for East African Residents, international wholesalers, travel agents and tour operators – please inquire further to discuss these options. Accommodation and preferential rates can be provided for local guides, tour leaders and also international guides travelling with guests.
Please contact us for further information or to make a reservation.
Reservation / Payment / Cancellation Terms & Conditions
- All standard tariffs quoted in the contract rates include accommodation and meals (3 meals per day) and include current government taxes and VAT subject to change and we reserve the right to alter prices to cater for this.
- The tariffs are quoted in US Dollars. Payment can be made in US Dollars or local currency (Ugandan Shillings) at the exchange rate ruling on the day payments are made.
- Contract and discounted rates apply to Accommodation Full board Rates only. All other rates for additional services and transfers are quoted net and non commissionable.
- Tariffs quoted for East African Residents are only applicable for use with proof of residence validated upon confirmation of the reservation. G&C Tours reserve the right of decision on applicable rates.
- A deposit of 20% of the value of the booking is required on confirmation of the reservation.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, full payment is required at least 30 days prior to client arrival.
- All cancellations or amendments are only accepted when received and acknowledged in writing by G&C Tours Ltd
Reservations that are cancelled, reduced in length of stay or reduced in numbers (collectively known as a cancellation) are subject to cancellation and “no show” fees payable at the discretion of G&C Tours Ltd under the following terms.
* 30 days prior to client arrival date – 20% cancellation fee will be charged
* 30 – 15 days prior to client arrival date –35% cancellation fee will be charged
* 14-5 days prior to client arrival date – 50% cancellation fee will be charged
* Less than 5 days prior to client arrival date – 100% cancellation fee will be charged
- Failure to comply with the above terms may result in all bookings being automatically cancelled by G&C Tours Ltd
- Final rooming lists and client names are required in writing by G&C Tours Ltd 30 days prior to group’s arrival.
- Check out time is 10.00 am unless otherwise agreed with lodge/camp management
- Additional activities, meals, drinks and other services taken at the lodge/camp will be charged for at ruling rates
- Easter Weekend and Christmas Holiday Period supplements are not included on the contract rates and are subject to confirmation upon booking.
- National Park Entry and other UWA fees are not included in rates and need to be paid separately
- All road transfers and Game Drives and other activities rates are applicable only for overnight guests at Exclusive Camps properties