Buhoma’s Chalets with a View
Our ten comfortable chalets have been individually designed and carefully built using locally sourced materials wherever possible, without compromising levels of comfort. Each of your own private verandas allows wonderful views and vistas of the forest canopy of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park.
Inside the spacious chalets you will find large, comfortable beds and everything you need to make yourself at home. The well-appointed and roomy en-suite bathroom with flush toilet contains a rain shower with a copious supply of hot water and equipped with locally produced natural ranges of complementary bathroom amenities. Some chalets also offer a bath-tub for relaxation and enjoyment after the day’s activities.
Each Chalet is fitted with insect proof window screens, eco-friendly solar lighting, and a secure safe. Our family / honeymoon chalet, in addition to all of the above, also features a separate lounge room with open fire place.
Restaurant and Bar
Our open air lounge and bar area offer uninterrupted views, and whether the eerie mists of the forest envelope you, or your views are crisp and bright, Buhoma offers its own special magic.
After a hard day tracking gorillas, relax around our open fireside, or enjoy a few drinks at the bar. Our four course meals are freshly prepared from local produce, ensuring you take away warm homely memories of your time with us. Our bar has a selection of local and imported beverages and our friendly local staff will attend to your needs. Free WiFi internet and recharging facilities are available in the bar.
Hot beverages are available throughout the day on a self service basis, but, are delivered to your chalet with early morning wake up calls as required, allowing you to awake gently and savour the early morning sounds of the forest.
Our Other Services
Our spa treatment room is available to all overnight lodge guests whom are entitled to a complimentary massage by our trained in-house masseuse. We also offer a complimentary laundry and hiking-boot cleaning service, all invaluable after a day of gorilla trekking!
We offer arrangements for special occasions; including birthday and other celebrations, private dining, cultural dancing and interaction as well as room service as required which is communicated through our in-house private telephone service available in each chalet.
As part of our commitment as an organisation with a responsible tourism policy we have designed the lodge using sustainable local materials wherever possible, with the emphasis being on natural, eco-friendly products, which has in turn given support to the local communities and businesses. Supplies are obtained from as nearby as possible from local sources and staff are also generally recruited locally and trained on site. Our water supply is gravity fed and solar power is used for lighting and power points which are hence limited to the central area for recharging electronic equipment. A curio shop is on site with a range of locally made crafts
International rates begin from $US 250 per adult during Low Season (sharing in double / twin accommodation).
High Season Months: January, February, July, August, September, December
Shoulder Season Months: March, June, October
Low Season Months: April, May, November
Rates include: Full Board accommodation, 3 multiple course meals per day, all hot beverages and bar snacks, house drinks, one complementary massage per stay and other lodge services provided at Buhoma Lodge
Prices Exclude: National Parks Fees, Road Transfers, Premium and non house drinks and optional activities.
We can also tailor a safari including “fly-in” packages to your needs, including flights, accommodation and transportation to and from nearby airstrips and activities. Please inquire with our Reservations Team, for more details.
Special discounted rates are available for children between ages 5-12 years and those under 5 years, sharing with adults, are free of charge.
Discounted rates are also offered for East African Residents, international wholesalers, travel agents and tour operators – please inquire further to discuss these options. Accommodation and preferential rates can be provided for local guides, tour leaders and also international guides travelling with guests.
Please contact us for further information or to make a reservation.
Reservation / Payment / Cancellation Terms & Conditions
- All standard tariffs quoted in the contract rates include accommodation and meals (3 meals per day) and include current government taxes and VAT subject to change and we reserve the right to alter prices to cater for this.
- The tariffs are quoted in US Dollars. Payment can be made in US Dollars or local currency (Ugandan Shillings) at the exchange rate ruling on the day payments are made.
- Contract and discounted rates apply to Accommodation Full board Rates only. All other rates for additional services and transfers are quoted net and non commissionable.
- Tariffs quoted for East African Residents are only applicable for use with proof of residence validated upon confirmation of the reservation. G&C Tours reserve the right of decision on applicable rates.
- A deposit of 20% of the value of the booking is required on confirmation of the reservation.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, full payment is required at least 30 days prior to client arrival.
- All cancellations or amendments are only accepted when received and acknowledged in writing by G&C Tours Ltd
Reservations that are cancelled, reduced in length of stay or reduced in numbers (collectively known as a cancellation) are subject to cancellation and “no show” fees payable at the discretion of G&C Tours Ltd under the following terms.
* 30 days prior to client arrival date – 20% cancellation fee will be charged
* 30 – 15 days prior to client arrival date –35% cancellation fee will be charged
* 14-5 days prior to client arrival date – 50% cancellation fee will be charged
* Less than 5 days prior to client arrival date – 100% cancellation fee will be charged
- Failure to comply with the above terms may result in all bookings being automatically cancelled by G&C Tours Ltd
- Final rooming lists and client names are required in writing by G&C Tours Ltd 30 days prior to group’s arrival.
- Check out time is 10.00 am unless otherwise agreed with lodge/camp management
- Additional activities, meals, drinks and other services taken at the lodge/camp will be charged for at ruling rates
- Easter Weekend and Christmas Holiday Period supplements are not included on the contract rates and are subject to confirmation upon booking.
- National Park Entry and other UWA fees are not included in rates and need to be paid separately
- All road transfers and Game Drives and other activities rates are applicable only for overnight guests at Exclusive Camps properties