Spacious, Wooden Framed, Canvas Tented Rooms
Set next to the Ntungwe River, each of the camp’s ten spacious canvas tented rooms has a private verandah overlooking the river. Comfortably furnished with large mosquito-netted beds, all rooms are en suite with hot ‘bush’ showers, running water for hand-basins and a flushing ‘eco-friendly’ toilet.
Restaurant and Bar
The thatched central lounge and dining area provide a comfortable setting for meals and relaxation, although we often serve meals ‘al fresco’ next to the river. In the evening, the outdoor fireplace is the perfect place for guests to relax with sundowners and share their day’s experiences.
Meals are freshly prepared with many local ingredients, offering a balance of international and locally flavoured cuisine with all meals being of several delicious courses. Our bar has a selection of local and imported beverages and our friendly local staff will attend to your needs.
Hot beverages are available throughout the day on a self-service basis, and are delivered to your room with early morning wake up calls as required, allowing you to savour the early morning sounds of the ‘bush’ awakening.
Our Other Services
Being within the park you may be lucky enough to see wildlife moving freely through the camp. Our attentive security staff are always on hand to escort and assist you should you feel the wildlife is too close!
Bush breakfasts and sundowners within the wilderness of the National Park complete the ‘bush’ experience offered at Ishasha Wilderness Camp.
Free WiFi internet, recharging facilities and a curio/local craft shop are available in the central dining area.
International rates begin from $US 270 per adult during Low Season (sharing in double / twin accommodation).
High Season Months: January, February, July, August, September, December
Shoulder Season Months: March, June, October
Low Season Months: April, May, November
Rates include: Full Board accommodation, 3 multiple course meals per day, all hot beverages and bar snacks, house drinks, and other camp services provided at Ishasha Wilderness Camp.
Prices Exclude: National Parks Fees, Premium and non house drinks and optional activities.
We can also tailor a safari including “fly-in” packages to your needs, including flights, accommodation and transportation to and from nearby airstrips and activities. Please inquire with our Reservations Team, for more details.
Special discounted rates are available for children between ages 5-12 years and those under 5 years, sharing with adults, are free of charge.
Discounted rates are also offered for East African Residents, international wholesalers, travel agents and tour operators – please inquire further to discuss these options. Accommodation and preferential rates can be provided for local guides, tour leaders and also international guides travelling with guests.
Please contact us for further information or to make a reservation.
Reservation / Payment / Cancellation Terms & Conditions
- All standard tariffs quoted in the contract rates include accommodation and meals (3 meals per day) and include current government taxes and VAT subject to change and we reserve the right to alter prices to cater for this.
- The tariffs are quoted in US Dollars. Payment can be made in US Dollars or local currency (Ugandan Shillings) at the exchange rate ruling on the day payments are made.
- Contract and discounted rates apply to Accommodation Full board Rates only. All other rates for additional services and transfers are quoted net and non commissionable.
- Tariffs quoted for East African Residents are only applicable for use with proof of residence validated upon confirmation of the reservation. G&C Tours reserve the right of decision on applicable rates.
- A deposit of 20% of the value of the booking is required on confirmation of the reservation.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, full payment is required at least 30 days prior to client arrival.
- All cancellations or amendments are only accepted when received and acknowledged in writing by G&C Tours Ltd
Reservations that are cancelled, reduced in length of stay or reduced in numbers (collectively known as a cancellation) are subject to cancellation and “no show” fees payable at the discretion of G&C Tours Ltd under the following terms.
* 30 days prior to client arrival date – 20% cancellation fee will be charged
* 30 – 15 days prior to client arrival date –35% cancellation fee will be charged
* 14-5 days prior to client arrival date – 50% cancellation fee will be charged
* Less than 5 days prior to client arrival date – 100% cancellation fee will be charged
- Failure to comply with the above terms may result in all bookings being automatically cancelled by G&C Tours Ltd
- Final rooming lists and client names are required in writing by G&C Tours Ltd 30 days prior to group’s arrival.
- Check out time is 10.00 am unless otherwise agreed with lodge/camp management
- Additional activities, meals, drinks and other services taken at the lodge/camp will be charged for at ruling rates
- Easter Weekend and Christmas Holiday Period supplements are not included on the contract rates and are subject to confirmation upon booking.
- National Park Entry and other UWA fees are not included in rates and need to be paid separately
- All road transfers and Game Drives and other activities rates are applicable only for overnight guests at Exclusive Camps properties